Wednesday, December 17, 2014

First Up to the Chopping Block: MyNotes

So the first of the apps I am going to deal with is MyNotes.

If you haven't heard of it, your in good company because nobody else has either.

It is one of the many obscure android apps with a very small user base.  It was also the second app I wrote and I haven't even looked at the code in a couple of years.  I am not looking forward to it because I really didn't know what I was doing back then.  Seriously, I orginally wrote it in two days.  It is going to be cringe worthy.

Basically, it is a very small simple application.  It just consists of a database with a single table, an activity for viewing the notes, and an activity for editing the notes.  It was originally written for FroYo and it is still basically written for FroYo.  I did an incomplete and half-baked attempt to update it about 6 months after I wrote it, but lost interest and never finished it.

So to recap, it was written quickly by someone new to android, untested, half-heartedly updated and experimented on, and is 13 API levels out-of-fate.

In other words, it needs a lot of work...

No comments :

Post a Comment